KDE Frameworks 5.62 Released With KWayland Additions & Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 5.62 Released With KWayland Additions & Other Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.62 Released With KWayland Additions & Other Improvements

KDE Frameworks 5.62 is out today as the latest monthly update to this collection of KDE libraries complementing the Qt5 tool-kit offerings...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Contains quite good improvements for Wayland, hope it will improve the experience in Plasma.

Comment

zwp_linux_dmabuf_v1 will soon be used by Firefox on Wayland, to speed up WebGL and Video decoding (first YUV to RGB color space transformation, but hopefully full GPU video decoding eventually). So this is quite cool.

Comment

Those improvements also make mpv Wayland work.

Comment

I wish devs would stop appeasing Nvidia by supporting EGL. If no one works on it Nvidia will be forced to eventually use the same backend as everyone else or work on it themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by disobeyedtoast View Post
            I wish devs would stop appeasing Nvidia by supporting EGL. If no one works on it Nvidia will be forced to eventually use the same backend as everyone else or work on it themselves.
            NVIDIA was indeed forced to write EGLStreams support themselves. They got their support code merged in KWin 5.16.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

NVIDIA was indeed forced to write EGLStreams support themselves. They got their support code merged in KWin 5.16.
              It's nice when I'm happy I'm wrong.

Comment

How do I install this on buster? Can someone provide me with a link please?

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
                  You can either wipe Debian from your computer or wait 5 years .

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
                    You can either compile it yourself or use the testing/sid repo when KF5.62 will come to them. None of these are guaranteed to work nor recommended.
                    If you want bleeding-edge software, Debian stable is not the good choice. Prefer Debian testing or a rolling-release distribution like Gentoo or Arch.

Comment

Working...
                    X