No announcement yet.

Linux 5.4 Cycle To Begin With exFAT Driver, EPYC Improvements & New GPU Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.4 Cycle To Begin With exFAT Driver, EPYC Improvements & New GPU Support

Phoronix: Linux 5.4 Cycle To Begin With exFAT Driver, EPYC Improvements & New GPU Support

The Linux 5.3 kernel is expected to be released as stable today and that will mark the opening of the two-week Linux 5.4 merge window. Here is a look ahead at some of the material expected to make it into this next version of the Linux kernel that will also be the last major stable release of 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"k10temp support for Ryzen 3000 series CPUs"
    Whatt???
    Still haven't made it to the 5.3 ?
    This is insane, having to wait a year to see the temperature in Linux for the new Ryzens.

Comment

exFAT is not all hugs and kisses atm.

Comment

Support for the Turris Mox modular router will also be included in mainline 5.4.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
          exFAT is not all hugs and kisses atm.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/9/15/135
          This is a classic case of "Be-careful what you ask for you just might get it." If you go back 4 years in the lkml a different developer asked about merging exfat back then and Microsoft was not coming to the table.

Ju Hyung Park
          I definitely didn't anticipate Microsoft to suddenly lift legal issues on upstreaming exFAT just around when I happen to gain interest in
          porting sdFAT.
          This is a very nice way of saying I thought I was going to ask this and be told no or at least I would have to argue for at-least 12 months to get it so I had only a rough draft.

You can think of this like a book writer writing up a summery and the publishing company goes we want it yesterday and the writer is like o crap.

Just due to what going on at the moment with next generation SD standards opened the door to exfat at Microsoft to be allowed mainline Linux. I do expect to see a few github dumps now that exfat is going to be mainline keeping that secret internal project so you can use exfat fast is not going to be worth that much.

Comment

Working...
          X