Linux 5.4 To Fix Many Newer 64-bit Windows Games On Wine / Steam Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.4 To Fix Many Newer 64-bit Windows Games On Wine / Steam Play

Phoronix: Linux 5.4 To Fix Many Newer 64-bit Windows Games On Wine / Steam Play

A kernel patch from CodeWeavers is landing in the Linux 5.4 kernel and will help some 64-bit Windows games run nicely under Wine (and the likes of CrossOver / Valve's Proton) with newer Intel and AMD systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's curious. I played through Wolfenstein Youngblood using Linux 5.3 and Proton without any issue. Good news though.

Comment

Originally posted by Particle View Post
      That's curious. I played through Wolfenstein Youngblood using Linux 5.3 and Wine staging without any issue. Good news though.
      Were you on a UMIP-enabled CPU? And do you see 'umip' within /proc/cpuinfo? (It's possible the firmware can disable UMIP.)
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I've had to use clearcpuid=514 on my 3600 for a while now, or wine stuff starts breaking and such.

Comment

Working...
        X