Valve's ACO Shader Compiler For The Mesa Radeon Vulkan Driver Just Landed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's ACO Shader Compiler For The Mesa Radeon Vulkan Driver Just Landed

Phoronix: Valve's ACO Shader Compiler For The Mesa Radeon Vulkan Driver Just Landed

It was just two days ago that Valve's performance-focused "ACO" shader compiler was submitted for review to be included in Mesa for the "RADV" Radeon Vulkan driver. Just minutes ago that new shader compiler back-end was merged for Mesa 19.3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And I just compiled Mesa-Aco yesterday...

I suppose I should lather, rinse, repeat from Mesa-Master

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      And I just compiled Mesa-Aco yesterday...

I suppose I should lather, rinse, repeat from Mesa-Master
      from the ACO merge request:

> For full performance, the following MRs are required: !1240 !1239 !1236 !1664 !1893

which are not merged yet, so you'll want to stick to the
      aco branch for now.

Anyways, great to see it upstream. ACO is amazing.

Comment

Great news :-) ACO works perfectly well so far!

Comment

Oh, this si great news! I will update the description for my Fedora COPR.

Comment

Is this valve building steam machines (second is the charm) with AMD vgas inside? Together with proton efforts...

Comment

Originally posted by brunosalezze View Post
              Is this valve building steam machines (second is the charm) with AMD vgas inside? Together with proton efforts...
              I think we should give it one more year (or 1.5 maybe) then hopefully some of the last bits have landed (VRR over hdmi for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

which are not merged yet, so you'll want to stick to the [/URL]aco branch for now.

Anyways, great to see it upstream. ACO is amazing.
                Thanks for that update, I'm gonna stick with /u/ernstp's Mesa ACO PPA for now then. Been using it since it came out and it's been rock solid. Appreciate you doing that, ernstp.

Btw, AMD really missed an opportunity calling it AMCO. AMD Compiler. AMCO. That'a A (beep beep) M C O.

Comment

I posted this in the other ACO thread but it was supposed to be here

Just did a quick test between Mesa-ACO and Mesa-Master with the ACO pull request...long story short is that those NIR optimizations in the Mesa-ACO repository cause serious pixelation and blur issues when aiming a weapon in Hitman 2 otherwise it works just fine

Also, Proton 4.11-5 doesn't have that crappy xscreensaver too many requests bug with amdgpu so my DS4's right stick is responsive and fully working again

I'd share a screenshot of it in effect but it's just a PITA to upload a screenshot to a random host and to then link to that here as well as the forum doesn't like showing my images when they're linked from Google Photos

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Thanks for that update, I'm gonna stick with /u/ernstp's Mesa ACO PPA for now then. Been using it since it came out and it's been rock solid. Appreciate you doing that, ernstp.

Btw, AMD really missed an opportunity calling it AMCO. AMD Compiler. AMCO. That'a A (beep beep) M C O.
                    Do a Google search of AMCO...basically it's a taken proprietary acronym and is also used for Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office....I don't think an office job there would be a cool as I'd like it to be....

Also, it's a Steam project and not an AMD one which explains why AMD didn't name it.

Comment

Working...
                    X