DXVK 1.4 Released With Updates Against Direct3D 11.4, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.4 Released With Updates Against Direct3D 11.4, Other Improvements

Phoronix: DXVK 1.4 Released With Updates Against Direct3D 11.4, Other Improvements

In time for any weekend gaming is the release of DXVK 1.4 as the latest big update to this Direct3D 11 over Vulkan implementation to boost the D3D11 Windows gaming performance with the likes of Wine and Valve's Steam Play (Proton)...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Correction: DXGI is updated to 1.5

Comment

Sigh. I don't know why I come to Phoronix some days. Instead of just doing my weekend gaming I think to myself "I wonder what's new in the geek world?" and see an article that just compels me to spend 30 minutes to compile Proton and DXVK before I can continue on with my gaming

Damn you phoronix for providing timely and informative news articles that trigger my optimized gaming OCD

Anyhoo, joking aside, it looks to be a very nice release. Can't wait to see how it effects Hitman 2.

Many thanks to everyone involved.

Comment

I think Hitman 2 already runs optimally for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
          I think Hitman 2 already runs optimally for some time.
          It runs really great outside of this odd behavior out of my DS4's right stick* as well as I'm curious if it has the same aiming issues I was experiencing with ACO's NIR patches (I'll find that out tomorrow morning because I'm done compiling software for the day and want to actually use it ).

*Sometimes when looking around the stick acts like it's stuck in place with the same speed and direction the stick was at last when I remove my thumb or if I move it in and out of the dead zone fast when doing slight view changes like trying to bump it left or right just a hair. I've yet to track down what is causing that and I've tried a lot of different stuff and all I really have to go off of is that is seems to trigger when I'm moving through crowded places or when using the vision to see everything, basically when under a bit of a GPU load.

I also noticed that Wine updated some of their files that control input. I'm a genius because now I'm testing two things at once

Comment

Working...
          X