Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Navi 10 Firmware Finally Lands In The Linux-Firmware Tree

Phoronix: AMD Navi 10 Firmware Finally Lands In The Linux-Firmware Tree

While AMD has provided open-source Radeon RX 5700 series (Navi 10) support since launch and that code since worked into the various mainline code-bases from the Linux kernel to Mesa, one kink in their support has been their binary microcode images not being available from the reference linux-firmware.git location as needed to initialize the hardware. That Navi 10 firmware/microcode issue has finally been rectified with the images landing this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It shouldn't be too long then till it works on Arch ootb.

Btw. Does anybody have overclocking/undervolting working on Navi?
    Or does it seem they simply haven't implemented it yet?

Comment

Fedora 31 at this point support navi 10 now?

Comment

I haven't seen anyone meaningfully overclock/undervolt on windows yet. They all pretty much are clocked where they are with varying efficiencies in cooling. Undervolt crashes and overvolt does nothing. With sapphire being the best in that area on air. It's not like the vega line.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
          I haven't seen anyone meaningfully overclock/undervolt on windows yet. They all pretty much are clocked where they are with varying efficiencies in cooling. Undervolt crashes and overvolt does nothing. With sapphire being the best in that area on air. It's not like the vega line.
          This is not true. I got access to a system with a MSI 5700 XT Gaming X and on Windows, it undervolts just fine from 1,2V to 1,075V with slightly reduced clocks, resulting in a much lower power consumption than probably even of the reference design @ stock...

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=111762
            I know you can do it manually but there's this AUR package that automates it.

Comment

Well this is great to see. Has there been any progress on OpenCL with the Radeon RX 5700 series (Navi 10) yet?

Comment

Think it will get back ported into the stable kernels?

Comment

This is not true. I got access to a system with a MSI 5700 XT Gaming X and on Windows, it undervolts just fine from 1,2V to 1,075V with slightly reduced clocks, resulting in a much lower power consumption than probably even of the reference design @ stock...
                  Got any benchmarks? All that I have seen so far show any meaningful undervolt tanked performance.

Comment

Same with Debian I hope.

Comment

Working...
                    X