Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D9VK 0.22 Released To Workaround Direct3D 9 Game Bugs

Phoronix: D9VK 0.22 Released To Workaround Direct3D 9 Game Bugs

Joining DXVK 1.4.1 with a new release this weekend is D9VK 0.22 as the similar project achieving faster Direct3D 9 performance over Wine/Proton via translating the API calls to Vulkan...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

`a regression to D9VK where full constant uploads were not working`
    The issue is that they were working. We don't need to do full constant uploads if the shader doesn't demand it.

Comment

So you have The Sims 2 working as well ? Great ! I guess it means you implemented ProcessVertices with vs 3.

Comment

Btw, gallium nine standalone has just seen a new release

Build Gallium Nine support on top of an existing WINE installation - iXit/wine-nine-standalone

@Michael: Would you be able to compare D9VK and gallium nine at some point? Gallium nine is working very well for me (e.g. Counter Strike Source with proton and an Athlon 5350).

Comment

Originally posted by drake23 View Post
          Btw, gallium nine standalone has just seen a new release

Build Gallium Nine support on top of an existing WINE installation - iXit/wine-nine-standalone

@Michael: Would you be able to compare D9VK and gallium nine at some point? Gallium nine is working very well for me (e.g. Counter Strike Source with proton and an Athlon 5350).
          Any specific reason you are using Counter-Strike Source via gallium nine? I (rarely, these days) play the native linux version and it works well, except for mic/voice not working.
          Last edited by Marc.2377; 29 September 2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.2377 View Post
            except for mic/voice not working.
            Maybe due to that.

Comment

Cool, hopefully Knights of the Old Republic works now.

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
                Cool, hopefully Knights of the Old Republic works now.
                I believe knights of the old republic used openGL, so it will never work with D9VK

Comment

To add to my previous comment I disabled d3d8, d3d9 in winecfg, and the no impact on the game running, also if you read the system requirements it says its needs a directx9 compatible sound card, and opengl 1.4 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.2377 View Post

Any specific reason you are using Counter-Strike Source via gallium nine? I (rarely, these days) play the native linux version and it works well, except for mic/voice not working.
                    Yes, the native linux version only offers stereo sound whereas the windows version offers e.g. 5.1 or even 7.1 surround sound. Using proton (with gallium nine) and the fantastic directsound -> openal wrapper from the openalsoft dev (https://github.com/kcat/dsoal) then gives you surround sound with headphones on linux (using the dsoal wrapper and then enabling openalsoft's HRTF, let me know if you want to try this and need help setting it up).

Generally I feel that shooters like ut2k4 or css really benefit from 3d sound, so I'm really happy openalsoft (and dsoal) exist on linux I think it's at least on par with the old x-fi's cmss-3d from the good old win xp days

Plus: at least on my Athlon 5350, the css video stress test yields 65fps with gallium nine and 60fps with the native version (both fullHD and low details). On my FX-6300/HD7790 rig, performance is more or less the same.
                    Last edited by drake23; 30 September 2019, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X