Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech Gaming Keyboards Getting A New Driver With Linux 5.5

Phoronix: Logitech Gaming Keyboards Getting A New Driver With Linux 5.5

The Logitech G15 keyboards and related gaming keyboards from the company are seeing a new open-source driver queued ahead of the Linux 5.5 kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Logitech still surviving on the kindness of strangers. Better start promoting those interns.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
      Logitech still surviving on the kindness of strangers. Better start promoting those interns.
      What do you mean?

Comment

Nonsense, compared to a lot of their competition they're doing extremely well. I had a G15 for years and while they didn't have official software for it in Linux, it was still fully functional. It was a solid device that only died when I spilled Coke on it... twice. The "I" key became too sticky. I have G502 mouse now and I'm satisfied with it. Most gaming genre peripherals have bupkiss for Linux support to begin with, which shouldn't be wondered at because Linux gaming is a statistical blip in the market as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

What do you mean?
          He probably means that Logitech is not contributing drivers for their own products to Linux but instead relying on third parties.

Comment

I own 6 Logitech K270 Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combos.

They have the worst issues with connectivity and sometimes don't work outside 14 inches away from the receiver.

I don't know who to blame but I have switched back to wired and absolutely hate Logitech now thanks to these issues on Linux Workstation Desktops.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
              I own 6 Logitech K270 Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combos.

They have the worst issues with connectivity and sometimes don't work outside 14 inches away from the receiver.

I don't know who to blame but I have switched back to wired and absolutely hate Logitech now thanks to these issues on Linux Workstation Desktops.
              Does this happen also on Windows?
              Because while I don't agree on bashing Logitech given my experience with their hardware, Linux does not care one bit about how the dongle works as it's a device with its own firmware.

For Linux it's just a USB mouse and a keyboard using HID drivers.

Did you also try updating the firmware (through fwupd or GNOME software on Linux and their own application on Windows)?

Did you try using a short USB cable extender or the forward USB ports of the case to bring the dongle in a position where there is no metal object between it and the keyboard/mouse? It's wireless so it does not need line of sight, but it's not particularly high power transmission, it can be blocked or jammed easily if you place the dongle behind metal, just like a wifi dongle would suffer in the same place. Or maybe near something else using the same 2.4Ghz band but with much higher power, like a wifi antenna.
              Last edited by starshipeleven; 05 October 2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Hans is definitely not an intern.

Also, can't wait until someone begins developing software on top of this driver so that I can start programming my G915 RGB and G-Keys.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: Logitech Gaming Keyboards Getting A New Driver With Linux 5.5
                  My Logitech G810 has started to produce double letters with kernel 5.5.4. Especially the a and y key is terrible.
                  I wonder, if this is result from the new drivers....
                  The keyboard is less than 2 years and not that badly abused.
                  Sad :-(
                  (please, donĀ“t point to xset)
                  Last edited by Fernseher; 28 February 2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X