Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CodeWeavers Working On Vulkan Shared Memory Support In Wine

Phoronix: CodeWeavers Working On Vulkan Shared Memory Support In Wine

CodeWeavers' Derek Lesho has been working on Vulkan shared memory support for Wine to expose some interesting use-cases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What exactly can it benefit?

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      What exactly can it benefit?
      Future support for Zero Copy for reusable data aka instead of uploading the same texture 20 times to 20 different operations, you can now pass the file descriptor to those 20 processes and read it from the GPU original allocation instead which will be hugely cheaper

Comment

To allow the likes of DXVK and D9VK to support Direct3D shared resources
        But, but, but, but... muh wine developers are jealous of DXVK and do not cooperate.

/SARCASM OFF

Comment

As this is something I am unfamiliar with, I was wondering if this has any impact on this particular issue, https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/899

Comment

Originally posted by Zorix View Post
            As this is something I am unfamiliar with, I was wondering if this has any impact on this particular issue, https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/899
            FiveM won't work even with this due to other issues, but yes, it's to implement the corresponding D3D functionality.

Comment

I wonder if this will have some effect on HDD intensive games like Guild Wars 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeioth View Post
                I wonder if this will have some effect on HDD intensive games like Guild Wars 2.
                This has literally nothing to do with HDDs.

Comment

Working...
                X