Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.4 Is Big For AMD Radeon Users From New GPU Support To Slightly Faster Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.4 Is Big For AMD Radeon Users From New GPU Support To Slightly Faster Performance

Phoronix: Linux 5.4 Is Big For AMD Radeon Users From New GPU Support To Slightly Faster Performance

With Linux 5.4 due to be released this coming Sunday, 24 November, one of the big "winners" of this next kernel are AMD Radeon customers. Linux 5.4 brings support for new GPUs as well as better performance for existing graphics cards. Here are some fresh benchmarks of the performance wins as a result of the LRU bulk moves functionality.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Dang the RX5700XT still cant get 60+ average on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on 2560 X 1440. I think i'll have to wait until whatever AMDs next update is to their 5700 line of cards.

Comment

With 5.4 being a longterm kernel i do think the last longterm kernel be included.
      I miss kernel 4.19.

Comment

I wonder how its going to impact my Vega 64, assuming Vega 64 shares the same GCN architecture as the Radeon 7?
        Last edited by Random_Jerk; 20 November 2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Ditto

Comment

One major patch that prevents hangs still didn't land into 5.4 yet: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...93aa790fcad13d

Comment

Are there any rumours as to whether the Open Source driver is going to be used in the PS5? I'm guessing that Sony would go for their proprietary one, but it would be great if they would switch!

Comment

Interesting - looks like Three Kingdoms is a good ~10fps behind Windows @ 1440p Ultra, which makes a fairly big different when its around 40fps. I wonder if that is driver or port issues.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post
                  Are there any rumours as to whether the Open Source driver is going to be used in the PS5? I'm guessing that Sony would go for their proprietary one, but it would be great if they would switch!
                  I'm more interested in whether Sony are going to start supporting Vulkan.

Comment

Well, it seems I am going to get the first revision of performance Navi card. Wait train is not bad train, 7970 still going strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X