Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whoops: The Linux Kernel's Spectre RSB Mitigation For PowerPC Missed Covering Some CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoops: The Linux Kernel's Spectre RSB Mitigation For PowerPC Missed Covering Some CPUs

Phoronix: Whoops: The Linux Kernel's Spectre RSB Mitigation For PowerPC Missed Covering Some CPUs

Even with all the light shed on Spectre over the past nearly two years, with the Spectre RSB (Return Stack Buffer) disclosure that did affect IBM POWER processors it turns out the mitigations applied didn't cover all of the CPUs that should have been in place until this week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mah! These days on Tumbleweed I have tried to disable all mitigations from Yast and my desktop is now a splinter! I did the same thing on my notebook and I didn't notice any obvious differences, maybe the reason is due to the fact that my notebook has an Amd cpu, while the desktop has an Intel, but I'm almost tempted to leave them disabled on the desktop.

Comment

Working...
    X