Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Libinput 1.15 Is On Approach With Various Improvements/Fixes For Linux Input Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libinput 1.15 Is On Approach With Various Improvements/Fixes For Linux Input Handling

Phoronix: Libinput 1.15 Is On Approach With Various Improvements/Fixes For Linux Input Handling

Peter Hutterer has been preparing libinput 1.15 as the next update to this open-source input handling library used by Linux systems both on X.Org and Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Peter Hutterer is the unsung hero of the Linux desktop. He all but single-handedly built the entire (userland) input stack, and is mainly the one to thank for the modern gesture support of touchpads and the likes. Just take a look at the state machine here https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libin...ge_requests/86 to understand how hard it is to support modern touchpad features.

Dealing with hardware quirks is another 'fun' thing to do. I know as I had to do that in various points at the past. The fact that your touchpad/trackpoint/whatever works at all is a miracle considering the amount of unexpected behavior all of them sport. I, for one, appreciate him doing that thankless job.

Comment

Working...
    X