Intel Releases Cloud-Hypervisor 0.4 As Its Rust-Written VMM Built Off KVM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Releases Cloud-Hypervisor 0.4 As Its Rust-Written VMM Built Off KVM

Phoronix: Intel Releases Cloud-Hypervisor 0.4 As Its Rust-Written VMM Built Off KVM

Friday marked not only the release of QEMU 4.2 for Linux virtualization but Intel's open-source crew developing the Cloud-Hypervisor as the Rustlang-based VMM built around Linux's KVM and VirtIO interfaces is out with a big feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    but AArch64 coverae is said to be

Comment

So far, I fail to see the added value over pure KVM.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
        So far, I fail to see the added value over pure KVM.
        KVM on its own only virtualizes the CPU. To make a complete system (storage, io, graphics) you need something like qemu, virtual box, or vmware to put a whole virtual system together. That's what these folks are doing. Think of it more as a replacement for the qemu userspace program.

Comment

Looks like some thing to keep an eye on. I hope AMD decides to step up and give a hand so this doesn't become an Intel only project.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
            Looks like some thing to keep an eye on. I hope AMD decides to step up and give a hand so this doesn't become an Intel only project.
            Unfortunately AMD needs more employees (AMD: 10,100 & Intel: 107,200) and money to do these sorts of things.

Comment

Working...
            X