Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.5 Released With The Newly-Added Direct3D 9 Support

Phoronix: DXVK 1.5 Released With The Newly-Added Direct3D 9 Support

Philip Rebohle has released DXVK 1.5 as the newest version of this Direct3D-over-Vulkan implementation and is a big release considering last night's merging of D9VK / Direct3D 9 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the NVIDIA hardware for Crysis 3 could be implemented for Crysis 2 too, as it always report an error message about AMD before getting in the game (playable anyway)

Comment

About all that ruckus of DXVK going into maintenance mode, turns out people (including Phoronix) blew it up a bit bigger than it was supposed to go. GoL got a statement, plus the DXVK creator themselves commented. Glad to see it cleared up.

Comment

Id be interested in D9VK vs Gallium Nine benchmarks now that both are "mainstream" in DXVK and wine-nine respectively. Is there a PTS runner of just DX9 games?

Comment

I wonder if they're ever gonna add DX8 support too. 8 and 9 are even closer than 10 and 11. It of course would be more of a future proofing thing, there's probably zero DX8 games out there that wouldn't run fine on the original Wine implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
            Id be interested in D9VK vs Gallium Nine benchmarks now that both are "mainstream" in DXVK and wine-nine respectively. Is there a PTS runner of just DX9 games?
            Even a 'simpel' switch (for Proton) would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
              I wonder if they're ever gonna add DX8 support too. 8 and 9 are even closer than 10 and 11. It of course would be more of a future proofing thing, there's probably zero DX8 games out there that wouldn't run fine on the original Wine implementation.
              Why would they add DX8 support? Nothing uses DX8 anymore, there are some old Shockwave games I used to play that used DX7 but those already run perfectly on Wine, so there's no real room for improvement considering it's been 10 years at least, since anything major was released with DX8 support.

What I really want to see though is DX12 support in DXVK, and UWP support in Wine. Since those are things that are actively being targeted by developers of modern programs in 2019/2020....

Comment

Originally posted by mzs.112000 View Post

Why would they add DX8 support? Nothing uses DX8 anymore, there are some old Shockwave games I used to play that used DX7 but those already run perfectly on Wine, so there's no real room for improvement considering it's been 10 years at least, since anything major was released with DX8 support.

What I really want to see though is DX12 support in DXVK, and UWP support in Wine. Since those are things that are actively being targeted by developers of modern programs in 2019/2020....
                DX12 support is provided by VKD3D.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  If you are interested I recommend DXWrapper which includes D3D8to9. It works quite well for some titles combined with D9VK :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mzs.112000 View Post

I believe 1-9 are supposed to be compatible, with each version exposing additional capability.

It would be nice to demonstrate 5-9 compatibility. Almost all Windows 95 games had a DOS mode, as far as I can tell 5 shipped with Windows 98.

Although childhood memory remember s 7 was the minimum for many years and then around Windows XP everything aimed for 9.

Comment

Working...
                    X