Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Through 2019 NVIDIA Linux News Topped By Linus Torvald's Criticism + Overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Through 2019 NVIDIA Linux News Topped By Linus Torvald's Criticism + Overclocking

Phoronix: 2010 Through 2019 NVIDIA Linux News Topped By Linus Torvald's Criticism + Overclocking

With 2019 quickly drawing to a close, similar to yesterday's look at the most viewed Radeon Linux/open-source stories from 2010 through 2019, here is a similar look at NVIDIA's open-source/Linux news highlights...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo in name. Torvald's

Comment

Nvidia is a stain on the hardware world... Although I've heard semi-unsubstantiated rumours that one big reason they don't OS their drivers is because they are of embarrassingly bad code quality, and their internal hardware docs are garbage to the point of "read the history of the CVS changes" (that probably describes 95% of companies).

On the plus side: Standard AMD chips rule the games console space, so software compatibility is excellent. Also for everything apart from the most insanely expensive Nvidia cards, AMD has an equivalent performance product for less of your $$$

Still, I was hoping that by now AMD and Intel would have far more mindshare than they do. It's a bit weird but Intel seem to be losing their way in general...

Comment

So, NVIDIA...

Fsck you!

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          So, NVIDIA...

Fsck you!
          I wish it was like this again... Not due to the profanities but the fact that Linus could explode and let his stress out...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I wish it was like this again... Not due to the profanities but the fact that Linus could explode and let his stress out...
            I agree. But I also loved his old crazy and full of profanities style. It was like a geek punk.

Comment

Working...
            X