Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Is Strange 2 Released For Linux With Vulkan Rendering

Phoronix: Life Is Strange 2 Released For Linux With Vulkan Rendering

As expected, Feral Interactive this morning released the complete season of Life Is Strange 2 for Linux and macoS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I didn't think the graphics in this game would be advanced enough to exclude Intel

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Life Is Strange 2 Released For Linux With Vulkan Rendering

As expected, Feral Interactive this morning released the complete season of Life Is Strange 2 for Linux and macoS...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nge-2-Released

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        I didn't think the graphics in this game would be advanced enough to exclude Intel
        The graphics are improved quite a bit compared to earlier games in the series, yet it retains the same art style.

Comment

I'm downloading it now!! I haven't had enough time to get far on Shadow of the Tomb Raider though, dammit. First world problems, eh.

Comment

As it is another Vulkan port, I got it now as well! Nice work, Feral :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              Typo:
              I'm pretty sure that's how the latest macoS brands itself now.

Comment

Well, this means the game can even run faster on Linux. The base game uses only Dx11 on Windows...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepsz View Post
                  Well, this means the game can even run faster on Linux. The base game uses only Dx11 on Windows...
                  Feral usually use a wrapper to translate d3d11 to Vulkan, so it is unlikely that it will be faster on GNU/Linux. It will be plenty fast enough though.

Comment

Originally posted by kallisti5 View Post

I'm pretty sure that's how the latest macoS brands itself now.
                    Pronounced mako-ess.

Comment

Working...
                    X