Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 5.0-RC2 Released With 36 Bug Fixes For The Week

Phoronix: Wine 5.0-RC2 Released With 36 Bug Fixes For The Week

Following last week's code freeze and subsequent Wine 5.0-rc1, the second weekly release candidate is now available for testing of the forthcoming Wine 5.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This release is critically important, as it's what will land in Ubuntu 20.04 (which is important as both the only "consumer" distro that matters, and also as an LTS *and* the first post-W7 release). But as usual WINE is dicking around with mostly-irrelevant things instead of fixing their garbage D3D support and working with DXVK etc. sigh.
    Still, no more than what was expected from them really: after all, "DXVK is Doing It Wrong". And culture issues are a lot harder to fix than most technical ones.

Hopefully Proton will have a high enough profile by April for users to be able to easily find out that they need that. In the meantime, gj WINE, I guess? It's still progress, after all.

Comment

arQon wine is more than just games. And DXVK works so good as it is. of course maybe there is more to improve for dxvk. at least the game that i play has lower fps (about 5-10 frames) with d9vk even under windows 10. i for one can't install some apps due to the fact that its asking for some windows updates to be installed

Comment

I still cannot install Canon's Digital Photo Professional software as it gives "needs Administrative Privileges" error...

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
          I still cannot install Canon's Digital Photo Professional software as it gives "needs Administrative Privileges" error...
          Well, have you reported this bug, preferably with more details?

Comment

Originally posted by dEnigma View Post

Well, have you reported this bug, preferably with more details?
            Preferably with Canon of course, because their software should not need administrative privileges at all to install.

But on the other hand, my experience with reporting bugs for Wine is that they get picked up very fast and in my cases so far, fixed within a few days.

Comment

Working...
            X