DXVK 1.5.1 Released With D3D9 Performance Improvements, Many Game Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 1.5.1 Released With D3D9 Performance Improvements, Many Game Fixes

Phoronix: DXVK 1.5.1 Released With D3D9 Performance Improvements, Many Game Fixes

DXVK 1.5.1 is out today as the latest feature update for this project implementing Direct3D 9/10/11 over Vulkan for faster Wine/Proton Linux gaming performance. This is the first update since the big DXVK 1.5 release that integrated D9VK for D3D9 support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In my case works well in banished and dxvk.numCompilerThreads works too

Comment

I wonder if it would be possible for a project like DXVK to implement DirectX 12.

If Wine could have DX12 and UWP support, almost any Windows Store app could run, and just like that, 100% of PC games would work on Linux.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by mzs.112000 View Post
        I wonder if it would be possible for a project like DXVK to implement DirectX 12.

If Wine could have DX12 and UWP support, almost any Windows Store app could run, and just like that, 100% of PC games would work on Linux.

​​​​​
        It is called VKD3D. And it is already available in Proton too.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
          In my case works well in banished and dxvk.numCompilerThreads works too

As you test a lot of D3D9 games, I wonder if you looked at running even older games on Vulkan too? I've been playing around with DXWrapper and could run with it's help some D3D8 and DDraw games on Vulkan via DXVK.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

As you test a lot of D3D9 games, I wonder if you looked at running even older games on Vulkan too? I've been playing around with DXWrapper and could run with it's help some D3D8 and DDraw games on Vulkan via DXVK.
            for what purpose do you need 500fps ?

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
              500fps
              Lower overhead means higher energy efficiency too.

Comment

To run every graphic API on top of Vulkan ;-) D3D12/11/10/9 is not enough for some people...

Comment

Actually some games look really nice at 4k but run badly at 4k on stock DX9... example Guild Wars 1 , main thing missing is a high res menu pack for it since even though it looks good at 4k the menus are *way* too small.

Comment

Originally posted by xpue View Post
                    Lower overhead means higher energy efficiency too.
                    well ..ok but just another api will not help you have to cap the fps anyways

Comment

Working...
                    X