Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.14.1 Released With 200+ Bug Fixes, Including Security Fixes

Phoronix: Qt 5.14.1 Released With 200+ Bug Fixes, Including Security Fixes

Following last month's release of the big Qt 5.14 tool-kit, Qt 5.14.1 is out this morning as the first point release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder how many years will take until I'll see KDE Plasma compiled with this version in Kubuntu...
    They didn't compile it not even wit Qt 5.13
    I'm really curios what is so hard to compile with an up-to-date Qt ?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
      I wonder how many years will take until I'll see KDE Plasma compiled with this version in Kubuntu...
      I dunno bout that, but I'll have it on my Manjaro Stable box within the next 15 days or so since it's already in Arch Testing

Comment

The number of bugs fixed in Qt minor releases always baffles me. Sure they have legions of developers, but still..

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
          The number of bugs fixed in Qt minor releases always baffles me. Sure they have legions of developers, but still..
          It doesn't mean anything because it also shows how many bugs they created to begin with.

Comment

This may have something to do with it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(software)#Qt_in_use

Comment

The more the bugs in ordinary releases, the more LTS licenses will be sold: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ore-Commercial

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                OpenMandriva has it right now, and it will be in the stable release that'll be released next week.

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post

The more the bugs in ordinary releases, the more LTS licenses will be sold: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ore-Commercial
                  The opposite is true, you get those 220 bug fixes from 5.14.1 only by using 5.14.1, not by using something prehistoric.
                  Paid or not, nobody will backport all of those fixes. If LTS releases got all of them, they wouldn't be the stale code LTS users want.
                  Bugs are a good reason to never touch anything that calls itself LTS.

Comment

Originally posted by berolinux View Post

The opposite is true, you get those 220 bug fixes from 5.14.1 only by using 5.14.1, not by using something prehistoric.
                    Paid or not, nobody will backport all of those fixes. If LTS releases got all of them, they wouldn't be the stale code LTS users want.
                    Bugs are a good reason to never touch anything that calls itself LTS.
                    My point was that people tend to get scared by those numbers of bugs in new releases.. that is an incentive to stick with long supported versions,
                    which are not that prehistoric by the way. The 5.12 series is decently updated and already at its 6th patch version, which makes it a joy to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X