Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SELinux For 5.6 Kernel Sees Largest Change Set In A While

Phoronix: SELinux For 5.6 Kernel Sees Largest Change Set In A While

SELinux maintainer Paul Moore sent in the Security Enhanced Linux updates for the 5.6 merge window, which amounts to "one of the bigger SELinux pull requests in recent years."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fun fact: Fedora (or was it RHEL?) stock SELinux policy blocks changing the default runlevel via systemctl set-default. What an oversight

Comment

anarki2 i literally on Fedora 31 earlier today, changed the default target.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
        Fun fact: Fedora (or was it RHEL?) stock SELinux policy blocks changing the default runlevel via systemctl set-default. What an oversight
        it never happened to me. Any reference to a bug report?

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
          anarki2 i literally on Fedora 31 earlier today, changed the default target.
          Opposed to being on Fedora 31 figuratively? I found this issue for Fedora 30, but I did not experience it myself while using Fedora 30: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1731768

Not sure what fun fact anarki2 is talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post

it never happened to me. Any reference to a bug report?
            The reference is my memory from 2 weeks ago. Like I said, it was Fedora OR RHEL.

Comment

The reference is my memory from 2 weeks ago. Like I said, it was Fedora OR RHEL.
              well, I use both so if it was one or the other is not all that important

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post

well, I use both so if it was one or the other is not all that important
                Then you have to believe me I guess.

Comment

Then you have to believe me I guess.
                  I never said that I don't trust you! I was genuinely curious just because I've been a long time user and never saw something like that!
                  Not all comments on Phoronix Forum are to be taken as a personal attack

Comment

Not a fan of systemd nor likely wayland, although intrigued by Fedora, systemd significantly complicates init.

I prefer the standard common Linux init, etc. Keep it simple. Make it complicated, and it's going to be exponentially more difficult to fix when it breaks.

Comment

Working...
                    X