Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI Code Gets More Cleaning With Linux 5.6

Phoronix: EFI Code Gets More Cleaning With Linux 5.6

The EFI kernel code has seen a variety of clean-ups and low-level improvements to it for the Linux 5.6 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Damn it. I read that headline as "EFL Code..." and thought "Wow, news on Enlightenment".

I did learn something.

I had no idea that the GOP was part of the EFI. I don't know if I want to upgrade from my BIOS system. Republicans piss me off.

Comment

I'm tired of seeing that secure boot disabled no efi firmware message at every boot. It would be nice if they shut that crap off.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
        I'm tired of seeing that secure boot disabled no efi firmware message at every boot. It would be nice if they shut that crap off.
        Is that your motherboard doing that?

Comment

I have yet to upgrade to EFI.

My initial experience was it's a mess and poorly documented several years, similar to proprietary technology. So why bother, including causing more problems with dual boot scenarios.

Comment

Working...
          X