Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech Input Device Improvements Continue Coming With Linux 5.6

Phoronix: Logitech Input Device Improvements Continue Coming With Linux 5.6

In recent Linux kernel releases we have seen a new gaming keyboard driver, better wireless device support, and a number of new device additions to the Logitech HID driver. With Linux 5.6, there is more Logitech work in tow but not quite as much as the recent kernels...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, after working okay for the past year, my Logitech K400+ was victim, I suspect, of a firmware "update" on Windows that disabled the "touch to click" function on Linux, it was enabled by default. I suspect it was this because I tested it with older Linux versions (Ubuntu 16.04 on a liveCD) and the problem persists. Using Solaar didn't help (but at last enable the F-keys by default). If I use Windows it works okay, like nothing had happened.

Long story short, if you have a Logitech K400+, don't use it on Windows with the Logitech software, or it will disable "touch to click" on Linux.

Last edited by M@GOid; 02 February 2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

@M@GOid - What about firmware updates through fwupd? Do you get them for that device? Do they also cause the same problem?

Comment

Xtrfy is a good choice. No freaking drivers needed, it is like hardware modems used to be, self contained.

I have one. While it is not great build quality it is not bad either. Would buy again.

Comment

I guess it is still asking too much of hardware manufacturers to support Linux in this day and age. When I buy hardware I definitely throw my money at manufacturers that do though. If they don't at least list Linux as supported I move on. Money's green so it spends elsewhere too.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
            @M@GOid - What about firmware updates through fwupd? Do you get them for that device? Do they also cause the same problem?
            This keyboard is not on the list of Logitech supported models on fwupd, so I will not bother looking. The device is still working correctly under Windows, so updating the same firmware under Linux will not change anything.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              When it comes to new Logitech device support, there is the adding of the Logitech MX Master 3 Mouse to the hid-logitch-hidpp driver for the Logitech Unifying Receiver and Bluetooth LE.

Comment

My MX Master 3 also works fine with current kernels, what is now improved?

Comment

The Logitech input device improvements also came with an unimprovement concerning scrolling speed issues. It is getting close to a year without a fix: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1701322

Comment

I have very strange issue with Logitech Wireless Keyboard K270 connected via Unifying Receiver.

Generally in 99% of time - it is working OK. BUT from time, to time - it "freeze" for several seconds without reason. I mean - clicking keys do nothing, but after couple of seconds - some of clicked buttons will be typed at once (but most of them are lost). It is not very often, but when it happen - it is EXTREMELY annoying (especially if I'm playing GTA5 Online or other game

I eliminated the most obvious reasons:

* changed batteries
                    * changed Unifying Receiver USB port to another
                    * interference of other objects (keyboard is near receiver)
                    * system overload (it happens even when system is idle)

I have also mouse Logitech MX Master - paired with the same Unifying Receiver. When keyboard "freeze" - in the same time mouse is working without issues...

(Un)fortunately I do not have Windows, so I do know if it is Linux specific issue or maybe hardware malfunction of my keyboard.

Many times I tried to check `journalctl` but I did not found errors related to keyboard, but maybe I missed something...

Do you know what could causing it or how to properly check Logitech "keyboard logs"?

Comment

Working...
                    X