Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godot Merges Its Vulkan Renderer Ahead Of The v4.0 Game Engine

Phoronix: Godot Merges Its Vulkan Renderer Ahead Of The v4.0 Game Engine

While the Godot 4.0 release is still months away from seeing its stable debut with the new Vulkan renderer, the Vulkan renderer branch was today merged to mainline...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Juan Linietsky (and all the other developers) are truly doing an amazing job with this engine. It's a gem in the open source world. Congratulations and thank you for the great job!

Comment

It isn't an area where I am well informed, but I have only heard negative things about Vulkan support on Unreal 4, and nothing aside from that it exists on Unity. Is this an area where Godot could surpass the major engines?

Comment

I wonder how much the Epic MEGAGrant has influenced the fast-paced development of Godot.
        https://godotengine.org/article/godo...epic-megagrant

Comment

Originally posted by Buntolo View Post
          I wonder how much the Epic MEGAGrant has influenced the fast-paced development of Godot.
          https://godotengine.org/article/godo...epic-megagrant
          It didn't - yet. All the general development was (and still is) done thanks to Patreon donations - with specific areas being advanced thanks to grants (such as Microsoft's for C# or Mozilla's for improved networking).

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Fox View Post

It didn't - yet. All the general development was (and still is) done thanks to Patreon donations - with specific areas being advanced thanks to grants (such as Microsoft's for C# or Mozilla's for improved networking).
            I have also seen multiple pull request with a comment: "This code is generously donated by IMVU." So I guess that company helps a bit too.

Comment

Working...
            X