Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 5.0-2 Released To Fix Crashes For Steam Play Linux Gamers

Phoronix: Proton 5.0-2 Released To Fix Crashes For Steam Play Linux Gamers

Proton 5.0-2 is out with fixes over last week's big Proton 5.0-1 release that brought many features to this Wine 5.0 downstream focused on powering Valve's Steam Play for running Windows games nicely on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like this also fixed the Tomb Raider II crash.

Comment

Doesn't Subnautica have a Linux native build?

Comment

I'm going to see if this fixes the crash that I get with AOE2 DE tonight. No luck getting that game running so far. I tried running it in Windows Steam using regular WINE, but even that didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Particle View Post
          I'm going to see if this fixes the crash that I get with AOE2 DE tonight. No luck getting that game running so far. I tried running it in Windows Steam using regular WINE, but even that didn't work.
          I haven't tried it with Proton 5 yet, but it was working just fine for me with the previous version.
          So if you are having problems it's likely something other than proton.

Comment

It works fine with 5.0-2, but it worked with previous releases too in my case.
            BTW. I removed 'steamapps/common/AoE2DE/resources/_common/movies' folder, so it may be a reason why it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Doesn't Subnautica have a Linux native build?
              No, it does not. It was working fine with Proton 4.11. I haven't tried with 5 yet.

Comment

I got it running but it's hardly playable: any 3d model is replaced by a convoluted mass of artifacts, like it's missing the textures/models. The only things I can see are terrain, water and health bar. Apart from the GUI.

To get it running I've renamed the movie folder, changed ucrtbase.dll, changed windows compatibility version in winecfg to 10 and specified some DXVK or whatever.
                Last edited by Buntolo; 14 February 2020, 03:25 AM. Reason: Added workaround steps

Comment

Great, i though maybe there was something wrong with my setup.
                  I tried 3 games yesterday on proton 5.0.1 in steam, none of them started, forcing me to close steam. Tried multiple time each, never started.

Comment

Originally posted by b8e5n View Post
                    Great, i though maybe there was something wrong with my setup.
                    I tried 3 games yesterday on proton 5.0.1 in steam, none of them started, forcing me to close steam. Tried multiple time each, never started.
                    Any chance you were in Family View? I hit a bug where Proton doesn't download in Family View, you press "Play" and then nothing happens. https://github.com/ValveSoftware/ste...ux/issues/6873

Comment

Working...
                    X