F2FS Root File-System Support For Clear Linux Appears To Be Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS Root File-System Support For Clear Linux Appears To Be Coming

Phoronix: F2FS Root File-System Support For Clear Linux Appears To Be Coming

Clear Linux looks poised to join the ranks of the few Linux distributions allowing it to run off an F2FS root file-system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm, Clear Linux is more and more looking like a distro to replace Fedora for me primarily; been interested in root F2FS support for a while.

Comment

I've been running F2FS as my root FS on Manjaro for a few weeks now and it has been great. It's running under LUKS for disk encryption, but that doesn't seem to have slowed it down any.

Comment

I have to recompile my openSUSE kernels just to mount F2FS. openSUSE publicly claims the fs driver is so buggy that it's an infection/attack vector (per rbrown).

Comment

Originally posted by monty11ez View Post
          I've been running F2FS as my root FS on Manjaro for a few weeks now and it has been great. It's running under LUKS for disk encryption, but that doesn't seem to have slowed it down any.
          If you want to stick to Fedora I have a request in their bug tracker open for F2FS support, it was assigned to the python-bilvet team.

Comment

Originally posted by ZVNexus View Post

If you want to stick to Fedora I have a request in their bug tracker open for F2FS support, it was assigned to the python-bilvet team.
            Send the link, please? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X