Showing Your Love For Open-Source + Linux Benchmarking This Valentine's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing Your Love For Open-Source + Linux Benchmarking This Valentine's Day

Phoronix: Showing Your Love For Open-Source + Linux Benchmarking This Valentine's Day

For those that enjoy our daily open-source/Linux news each and every day of the year along with all of our original Linux benchmarking / hardware review content, you can show your support this Valentine's Day with a special offer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Promoting outshit is anti Open Source.

Comment

I can wholeheartedly recommend being a lifetime member - Michael does some great work that is definitely worth your $

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
        I can wholeheartedly recommend being a lifetime member - Michael does some great work that is definitely worth your $
        And he found a way to have many people pray for his longevity

Comment

thanks for the reminder, Michael. I used the non-sale method, you deserve full rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
            Promoting outshit is anti Open Source.
            Open Source != Free Beer

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Open Source != Free Beer
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybase...Public_License . Yes, you're right. Strong copyleft can't produce free software, see also:

Comment

Done deal. Much love!

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Open Source != Free Beer
                  I know. However, outreach is anti Open Source and anti FLOSS as well. It's a hole for bad politics to infect Open ecosystem.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

I know. However, outreach is anti Open Source and anti FLOSS as well. It's a hole for bad politics to infect Open ecosystem.
                    All I'd like to say on that matter is that while I neither 100% agree with or even qualify for their program, as someone currently going through a tough time and could use a program like that, just shut up. Anything that gets people the help they need, into programming, and into using open source software is a good thing.

IMHO, it doesn't really matter WTF they do while learning and interning because, if they're passionate enough, they'll be into programming and using that same open source software in their free time and the next thing you know you have a bunch of people like tildearrow doing kwin-lowlatency (just an example of a random person forking a major project and doing something about something because they're passionate about it).

As far as politics goes, if a person really needs to be told to tolerate others and not to refer to entire demographics of people as faggots and bitches in public, damn, that's on them for being a piece of shit person. Oh, and note the key phrase of in public -- because no one gives a flying fuck what you say and do at home. We just don't want to be in the line at the grocery store and have to deal with bigotry while getting the stuff for taco night.

Comment

Working...
                    X