Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 20.0-RC3 Released Along With Mesa 19.3.4 As The Latest Of The Stable Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 20.0-RC3 Released Along With Mesa 19.3.4 As The Latest Of The Stable Series

Phoronix: Mesa 20.0-RC3 Released Along With Mesa 19.3.4 As The Latest Of The Stable Series

New stable and development releases of Mesa3D are available for providing the latest open-source Linux graphics driver experience for OpenGL and Vulkan...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I will not test 19.3.4. I know what's gonna happen.

19.3.3 "seemingly" fixed the VA-API encode hang, but it still hung after a few tests. I raged all over the thread, downgraded and never going to upgrade again.

Time to make a bug report in FDo...

(but hey, at least Linux 5.4 got proper GPU reset capabilities on Vega, and so I could just restart the X server without rebooting the whole machine after a hang!)

Comment

I forget if it was added in the latest 19.4 release or if 20.0-RC3 is the first, but ACO is down to only lacking tesselation support.

Comment

In the meantime Windows users report from black screens all over reddit (of still unknown nature - best guess right now is interference with other bg programs like AV-programs, RGB-bloatware etc)
        The stable and fast Linux drivers have pushed some people towards Linux. If we keep on pushing, we may gain some sort of critical mass in the "gaming community". Even better: If Big Navi can be utilized in a proper way, it could become a turning point for gaming on Linux.

can't deny he is a little hyped

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          I will not test 19.3.4. I know what's gonna happen.

19.3.3 "seemingly" fixed the VA-API encode hang, but it still hung after a few tests. I raged all over the thread, downgraded and never going to upgrade again.

Time to make a bug report in FDo...

(but hey, at least Linux 5.4 got proper GPU reset capabilities on Vega, and so I could just restart the X server without rebooting the whole machine after a hang!)
          FDo is deprecated, for bug reports use their gitlab issue page instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

I did plan to do that...

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

fdo bugzilla is deprecated. The gitlab is still on fdo.

Comment

Originally posted by syrjala View Post

fdo bugzilla is deprecated. The gitlab is still on fdo.
                Falsa demonstratio non nocet, I guess it is obvious that we both meant their bugzilla bug tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by Shevchen View Post
                  In the meantime Windows users report from black screens all over reddit (of still unknown nature - best guess right now is interference with other bg programs like AV-programs, RGB-bloatware etc)
                  The stable and fast Linux drivers have pushed some people towards Linux. If we keep on pushing, we may gain some sort of critical mass in the "gaming community". Even better: If Big Navi can be utilized in a proper way, it could become a turning point for gaming on Linux.

can't deny he is a little hyped
                  RGB LED will be considered as the bloatware of this decade
                  good times for Linux gaming DXVK, Vulkan, mesa, AMD Opensource, fading Win 7, Win10 largest trojan since Google Chrome
                  Last edited by CochainComplex; 15 February 2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaipersky View Post
                    I forget if it was added in the latest 19.4 release or if 20.0-RC3 is the first, but ACO is down to only lacking tesselation support.
                    I'm guessing that's thanks to Geometry Shaders being merged during 20.0 cycle. I'm surprised there wasn't a Phoronix article about it, TBH. https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/..._requests/2421
                    Last edited by ResponseWriter; 05 March 2020, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X