Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetBSD 9.0 Debuts As The "Best NetBSD Release Ever"

Phoronix: NetBSD 9.0 Debuts As The "Best NetBSD Release Ever"

NetBSD 9.0 is out today as for what the project is hoping as the "best NetBSD release ever" at least until NetBSD 10 down the road...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Amazing release

Comment

"NetBSD 9.0 Debuts As The "Best NetBSD Release Ever""

That's like being the prettiest Denny's waitress.

Comment

But it doesn't has system-D, so it must be garbage

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
          But it doesn't has system-D, so it must be garbage
          Yeah, its name ends with "d" but there is no systemd in it, what a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Yeah, its name ends with "d" but there is no systemd in it, what a disappointment.
            It's false advertising. Someone needs to start a huge class action lawsuit.

Comment

finally supports NCQ with SATA
              Well that's only been around for, what, 15 years?

The BSD developers are some smart, talented people who are fragmented off into small projects of questionable need. It makes me wonder what they could achieve if they were all working together. But I guess that could be said for other open source projects as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
                Well that's only been around for, what, 15 years?

The BSD developers are some smart, talented people who are fragmented off into small projects of questionable need. It makes me wonder what they could achieve if they were all working together. But I guess that could be said for other open source projects as well.
                Too bad lennart poettering doesn't have time in his busy schedule to get them organized

Comment

It's easy to make each NetBSD release the best, because it sucks and is very easy to make it suck less.

What's NetBSD good at these days? Who uses it? I see old uses and cannibalized code, nothing else than that.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    It's easy to make each NetBSD release the best, because it sucks and is very easy to make it suck less.

What's NetBSD good at these days? Who uses it? I see old uses and cannibalized code, nothing else than that.
                    Apple is still making billions on the code they've taken from it over the years.

Comment

Working...
                    X