Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Sees Improvements For Samba Shares, Fixing Mouse Input For GTK Apps On XWayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Sees Improvements For Samba Shares, Fixing Mouse Input For GTK Apps On XWayland

Phoronix: KDE Sees Improvements For Samba Shares, Fixing Mouse Input For GTK Apps On XWayland

While this week marked the release of KDE Plasma 5.18 LTS, KDE developers haven't let up on their bug fixing activities and other improvements to this open-source desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The best just got better!

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix
      • The Baloo file indexer now correctly enables and disables and pauses and resumes again. Baloo also now resumes indexing correctly after the machine has woken from sleep.
      There's a reason my first course of action on starting a Plasma session is to run tracker daemon -t && ps aux | grep baloo and kill any processes that show up in the output.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

There's a reason my first course of action on starting a Plasma session is to run tracker daemon -t && ps aux | grep baloo and kill any processes that show up in the output.
        You can disable the "Enable Desktop Search" checkbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
          You can disable the "Enable Desktop Search" checkbox.
          That's not the proper course for a pretentious Linux Master Race Member.

Comment

I won't even answer that.

Comment

Disabling baloo is one of the first actions in a new Plasma session... in all these years I have not seen one version that works well outside of test environments.

Anyway, good to see some fixes for Wayland! Hope to read some news soon regarding the subsurface issue of kwin. This bug really needs attention.

Comment

Using plasma-wayland on one of my desktops. I haven't run into any major issues, would recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf
                  I have no fucking clue
                  Fixed that for you ...

Comment

Working...
                  X