C-SKY CPU Architecture For Linux 5.6 Picks Up Stack Protector, PCI Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-SKY CPU Architecture For Linux 5.6 Picks Up Stack Protector, PCI Support

Phoronix: C-SKY CPU Architecture For Linux 5.6 Picks Up Stack Protector, PCI Support

While two weeks past the Linux 5.6 merge window some late changes for the C-SKY CPU architecture were accepted today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That processor I saw looks like it has a silkscreen effect -- similar to an LCD display with a TN panel. (I have a Samsung monitor with a TN panel with bad vertical viewing angle, especially when looked at very close to the screen.) I wonder what it looks like if you rotate the processor downward?

Comment

Seems to be a good bunch of ASIC-ish chips in that little SoC. But it is to wonder if that one would ever reach end-user market.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
        That processor I saw looks like it has a silkscreen effect -- similar to an LCD display with a TN panel. (I have a Samsung monitor with a TN panel with bad vertical viewing angle, especially when looked at very close to the screen.) I wonder what it looks like if you rotate the processor downward?
        That's actually a pretty large die for what's described as a low-power core.

Anyway, while searching for other die shots, I ran across this:

Alibaba has acquired Hangzhou Zhongtian Microsystem Co. (C-SKY Microsystems, a leading developer of embedded CPUs, for an undisclosed sum. C-SKY, which was founded in 2001 and is based in Hangzhou’s Hi-Tech Zone, offers a series of 32-bit “C-SKY” embedded CPU cores based on independent intellectual property rights. The chips are widely used in Internet of […]

Hopefully, phoronix will mention this, in future articles about them. Not that it changes much, but it makes developments involving them perhaps a bit more consequential.

Comment

I'm most interested in "Tightly-Coupled Memory (TCP) / SRAM support". I wonder if that's a generic kernel facility, or something very specific to their SoC. I think software-managed SRAM is probably something we're going to be seeing more often.

Comment

Shouldn't "Tightly-Coupled Memory (TCP)" be "Tightly-Coupled Memory (TCM)"?

Comment

Originally posted by AusMatt View Post
              Shouldn't "Tightly-Coupled Memory (TCP)" be "Tightly-Coupled Memory (TCM)"?
              Agreed. I had the same thought. I hope the patch actually called it TCM and it was just a typo/misquote.

Comment

Working...
              X