Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godot Game Engine Working Towards Native Wayland Support, EGL

Phoronix: Godot Game Engine Working Towards Native Wayland Support, EGL

On top of all the Godot happenings for its Vulkan rendering support, the code-base for Godot 4.0 is also being cleaned up and among the other improvements being worked on are Wayland and EGL support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is great news.
    Godot 3.2 is also a great release.
    I have been working with it for a few months now, and I am happy that i have turned away from Unity3d.

Comment

This developer amazes me.

Comment

Godot 4.0 will be a fantastic release with Vulkan, Wayland and EGL support!

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post
          This is great news.
          Godot 3.2 is also a great release.
          I have been working with it for a few months now, and I am happy that i have turned away from Unity3d.
          Are you using it for a hobby or large scale publication?

I'm no fan of Unity3D, but due to popularity and few other reasons their hardware/driver support is really good. I could be wrong, from my experience with Godot does not have much device/driver specific hacks. I don't know if this is intentional or not. I'm glad that I'm not a 3D game developer. I would not allow those kinds of hacks. Investors and customers would not be fond of it, they would much rather side with Unity3D's method.

PS: Probably not such a big issue if you're doing 2D or pseudo-3D

Comment

Working...
          X