Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Is Hiring Another Lead Linux Kernel Developer To Work On Their Graphics Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Is Hiring Another Lead Linux Kernel Developer To Work On Their Graphics Driver

Phoronix: AMD Is Hiring Another Lead Linux Kernel Developer To Work On Their Graphics Driver

Should you be experienced in upstream Linux kernel development, AMD is hiring a lead Linux kernel developer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not good enough for me, I'm looking for a job where I don't have to do anything and get paid a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      Not good enough for me, I'm looking for a job where I don't have to do anything and get paid a lot.
      I recommend you to change of career, get into politics instead

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I recommend you to change of career, get into politics instead
        That's risky... Could mean lots of social stress (to make good illegal contacts), and in the end, might not get paid at all.

Door-man at college would do it,... Just sit there, and verify student's cards, before letting them in (pushing door open button).... Though, it's a bit less paid, but good enough for just sitting while day and playing games on computer,...

Comment

it is nice to see that when money is there it is also used for software development.
          the many years that amd has to catch up on now will not be possible without new employees

Comment

Originally posted by gorgone View Post
            it is nice to see that when money is there it is also used for software development.
            the many years that amd has to catch up on now will not be possible without new employees
            IMHO,.. aren't they just preparing backup, if SARS-CoV-2 strikes them,... ?

Comment

I wonder if this might be because of Stadia. Google seems that they haven't give up with it yet.

Comment

Although I'm not in the slightest complaining about AMD contributing more toward Linux driver development (I welcome it with open arms) but their Windows team is what really needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  Although I'm not in the slightest complaining about AMD contributing more toward Linux driver development (I welcome it with open arms) but their Windows team is what really needs help.
                  I'm sure AMD is hiring windows-people too when necessary, it's just that Phoronix is a Linux centric news site.

Comment

The issue with their drivers has probably little to do with the available manpower, but with the culture that remains from before AMD bought ATI.

Comment

Working...
                    X