Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 5.4 Released With Unicode 13 Support, Text Drawing For D3DX9 To Fix 10 Year Old Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 5.4 Released With Unicode 13 Support, Text Drawing For D3DX9 To Fix 10 Year Old Bug

Phoronix: Wine 5.4 Released With Unicode 13 Support, Text Drawing For D3DX9 To Fix 10 Year Old Bug

Wine 5.4 is out as the newest bi-weekly development release and it comes with a number of improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Could this mean I could finally play Final Fantasy V Steam version? And yes, I know there is fixes I could do to make it work with Proton, but I don't want to do them. I want to click & play.

Comment

"Multiple games (Fable: The Lost Chapters, Oddworld - Munch odissey) does not play WMV cutscenes"

If that actually plays Windows media files inside games, it should fix a ton of different things in many many games. Opening logos, level loading videos, in-game videos, and cutscenes that use media.

Difficult to say what it does exactly or if it fixes all media problems. If it does fix even 25%, that is a great release.

Comment

Working...
      X