Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.15 Beta 2 Released For This Last Big Update Before Qt 6

Phoronix: Qt 5.15 Beta 2 Released For This Last Big Update Before Qt 6

The second beta of the forthcoming Qt 5.15 tool-kit is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fedora should update F32 to QT5.14 an then update QT in F33 Rawhide to 5.15 . would make more sense to do it that way, but you'll hear " But we have to rebuild so many packages " eventually the Packagers wont have anything else to do

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
      Fedora should update F32 to QT5.14 an then update QT in F33 Rawhide to 5.15 . would make more sense to do it that way, but you'll hear " But we have to rebuild so many packages " eventually the Packagers wont have anything else to do
      Why???

Comment

Originally posted by pipe13 View Post

Why???
        why? security? thats why, , thats a bit like asking Microsoft " why all the updates for "
        also, Features.
        maybe if Fedora put there effort into KDE like they do with Gnome, maybe Fedora would gain users back that its lost
        Last edited by Anvil; 23 March 2020, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Anvil Ms isn't good example in terms of security.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
            Anvil Ms isn't good example in terms of security.
            probably not but it was just an example, but even Fedora still hasnt updated to QT 5.14 , they never even did it for Rawhide, i ddunno if its in a COPR repo somewhere, but surely they could at least Test it like they do with gtk4 builds

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              Anvil Qt is CLA-ware so Red Hat won’t touch it. Red Hat recently reduced their KDE testing because no one wanted to commit the needed resources.
              im aware of that, thats only for RHEL, not for Fedora which is a community based distro. its almost the same with Ubuntu, the other SIG looks after the Ubuntu KDE DE

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                Anvil You are right that KDE is fully deprecated on RHEL (And nonexistent on SLED).

But that’s not what we are discussing. Fedora recently reduced their KDE testing. Like this month.
                yeah i know, but i would still think even RHEL still depends on some QT stuff , , i'd have to look through Distrowatch under Redhat Packages to see like this https://distrowatch.com/table.php?di...el-8.1#pkglist

Comment

scroll down that list an look under QT , now tell me, why arent Fedora testing the latest QT ? or is RHEL9 going to use or go with QT6 ? if so i guess there's no point Fedora updating the Packages

Comment

if thats the Case that RHEL9 will be using QT6 , it still doesnt make any sense why Fedora itself cant update to the latest stable release now.

Comment

Working...
                    X