Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora Adopts A New Vision Statement

Phoronix: Fedora Adopts A New Vision Statement

Fedora Project Leader Matthew Miller has sent out a reminder to Fedora contributors to "be excellent to each other" while announcing the project has a new vision statement...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Miller later also said that he found he's been more productive since he's started "living entirely in a terminal".

Comment

SEXIST WHITE MONSTER!

On a more serious note, this statement is sober, neutral and casts no stone on anybody. Just perfect.

"be excellent to each other" appears twice, whereas "safe space" and "inclusive, welcoming, and open-minded" appears once. In some time all this lingo will fall in disuse altogether and people will be nice to each other again.

All around me I see leftists outlets losing traction (as well as the alternate news source often deemed right wing, some of which are resorting to anti-rape narratives to appeal to emotions and failing miserably). And people with a clear "minority" profile are being reasonable and nice to hang out with – much nicer than some former Law school colleagues that actually fit no minority profile at all! And I'm not seeing people making an excessively big deal of Trump, Bolsonaro & co. either!

Seems like the end of the apocalypse is near!

Comment

This isn't the first place I've seen a reference, but who knew the philosophy of two D-grade, time-travelling, wannabe rockstars from California (who weren't even real) would spread so far.

Comment

Originally posted by King Mucus View Post
          On a more serious note, this statement is sober, neutral and casts no stone on anybody. Just perfect.
          Ok. It also completely misses the mark. They spend more words describing their idea of the "correct" type of people, than they do describing anything about the purpose or output of the Fedora project. Not much of a vision statement then, is it.

Comment

Dear Matthew Miller,

Please take the time to visit some IRC channels like #fedora and the rest of them and you'll realize how silly is your vision statement. Fedora have tons of angry, rude, miserable, lonely people (interestingly, all of them male).

CentOS is not far behind, their #centos IRC channel is even worse, even more angry, rude and miserable people. CentOS is the exact opposite of a community project, unfortunately. RedHat won't even fix bugs reported the the community, they mostly fix/improve things for paying customers. You wouldn't call that friendly.

Considering I'm involved in both projects... I know what I'm taking about.

Comment

Glad to see that Fedora will be moving to openRC and KDE. Because there's nothing inclusive about Gnome and systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by bash2bash View Post
                Dear Matthew Miller,

Please take the time to visit some IRC channels like #fedora and the rest of them and you'll realize how silly is your vision statement. Fedora have tons of angry, rude, miserable, lonely people (interestingly, all of them male).

CentOS is not far behind, their #centos IRC channel is even worse, even more angry, rude and miserable people. CentOS is the exact opposite of a community project, unfortunately. RedHat won't even fix bugs reported the the community, they mostly fix/improve things for paying customers. You wouldn't call that friendly.

Considering I'm involved in both projects... I know what I'm taking about.
                funny you mention that cause thats why i stopped reporting Bugs, they only care for the paying customer, " if you use Fedora, you fix it yaself " , thats Fedora's Redhats Motto AFAICT

Comment

What about paying attention to and fixing major bugs instead? RedHat developers have broken a major feature - no one bothers even to reply to a bug report. WTF, Fedora?

And it's not the only bug report like that. There are literally thousands of them.

Comment

The above comments show why such a vision statement is needed. Nice and simple, good choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X