Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIPS Loongson 3 Seeing Support Improvements With Linux 5.7

Phoronix: MIPS Loongson 3 Seeing Support Improvements With Linux 5.7

For those managing to get their hands on a recently released Loongson 3A4000/3B4000 or even older Loongson 3 MIPS64 processors, improving the support is on the way with the upcoming Linux 5.7 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The latest Loongson 3 processors feature four MIPS64r5 cores with clock speeds up to 2.0GHz and fabbed on a 28nm process. So while the hardware is fairly libre friendly, it's another case of not being performant class hardware for most use-cases.
    If it's good enough for RMS to run emacs and Gnu nano email, it should be good enough for everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      If it's good enough for RMS to run emacs and Gnu nano email, it should be good enough for everyone else.
      yeah, if someone sends me a sample I'll add and test support in #t2sde ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUYosOcgWKA

Comment

I used to be able to find them for sale, but I cant find these new boards at all...

Comment

Working...
        X