Ubuntu 18.04 vs. 20.04 LTS Performance Preview With Intel Xeon Scalable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 18.04 vs. 20.04 LTS Performance Preview With Intel Xeon Scalable

Phoronix: Ubuntu 18.04 vs. 20.04 LTS Performance Preview With Intel Xeon Scalable

There is less than one month to go until the official release of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS "Focal Fossa" but we've already begun experimenting with it for weeks across a variety of platforms. For the most part we have found Ubuntu 20.04 slated to offer some nice performance improvements, especially if upgrading from the existing LTS series, Ubuntu 18.04. In this article are our initial benchmarks looking at the Intel Xeon Scalable from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to the current 20.04 near-final state.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sweeeeet. I used to not care too much at all about Ubuntu releases ... but as my work mandates Ubuntu LTS as the only Linux they're prepared to image onto our work devices, this suddenly makes a big difference to me

Comment

I wish you had included 18.04 with HWE in this comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
        Ubuntu LTS as the only Linux they're prepared ...
        Not exactly the same case, but Ubuntu became the "default" Linux Distro in several places, being the most known distro, be it because the woes of Windows Vista around 2004~2006, etc
        Every improvement in Ubuntu has a higher impact worldwide because of it's install base or reach

Comment

Working...
        X