System76 Thelio Major Proves To Be A Major Player For Linux Workstations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System76 Thelio Major Proves To Be A Major Player For Linux Workstations

Phoronix: System76 Thelio Major Proves To Be A Major Player For Linux Workstations

For the past two months we have been testing the System76 Thelio Major and it's been working out extremely well with performance and reliability. The Thelio Major offering with options for Intel Core X-Series or AMD Ryzen Threadripper and resides between their standard Thelio desktop with Ryzen/Core CPUs and the Thelio Massive that sports dual Intel Xeon CPUs.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's like they combined a 2019 computer case with a 1979 station wagon, but somehow it works.

Comment

That wood grain is sexy... Like an Atari 2600

Comment

I love that wood grain. Reminds me of the nice wood JBL, Infinity and others used to use on their loudspeakers in the late 70's early 80's. Now its just cheap veneer on pressboard.

Comment

Beautiful case, and practical design without holes on the top (allowing water spill, or other mess, to get easily in)!

Comment

Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            This is the platform we have been using for our Ryzen Threadripper 3990X LInux benchmarks,
            Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            can learn more aobut them at

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
              I love that wood grain. Reminds me of the nice wood JBL, Infinity and others used to use on their loudspeakers in the late 70's early 80's. Now its just cheap veneer on pressboard.
              My 2017 Marshall Kilburn speaker still has a touch of real wood

Comment

Did we go off-topic that fast?

Comment

Working...
                X