Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOOPFS File-System Proposed For Linux

Phoronix: LOOPFS File-System Proposed For Linux

LOOPFS is the latest Linux kernel file-system proposal...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

It's actually hilarious how buggy the passing of loopback devices to container is currently. You can do some filesystem operations but not all of them.

Comment

Yes. Controlling loopback devices have always been a hacky businnes, let's bring them in 21st century.

Comment

The user mode cli binary to manipulate loopfs really needs to be called looper.

Comment

With loopfs each mount is a new instance, i.e. loop devices created in one loopfs instance are independent of any loop devices created in another loopfs instance.
            Granted all that I wonder if it handles attempts to mount same image more than once (very bad idea that generally leads to utter destruction).

Comment

I was expecting to find some intelligent information in this discussion. But apart from the last contribution, I found none.
              Sorry starshipeleven, but what about becoming useful person and doing something for society. We see many people that cannot meet others except through their keyboard. Some even resigned to their life and never leave their rooms and never find their jobs. They can go on as long as their parents provide them by food and electricity (and silicon to compute on). It is personal choice but probably quite non-mature. What will such people do when their parents die?

Comment

Originally posted by PCJohn View Post
                I was expecting to find some intelligent information in this discussion. But apart from the last contribution, I found none.
                Sorry starshipeleven, but what about becoming useful person and doing something for society. We see many people that cannot meet others except through their keyboard. Some even resigned to their life and never leave their rooms and never find their jobs. They can go on as long as their parents provide them by food and electricity (and silicon to compute on). It is personal choice but probably quite non-mature. What will such people do when their parents die?

Comment

Originally posted by SystemCrasher View Post
                  Granted all that I wonder if it handles attempts to mount same image more than once (very bad idea that generally leads to utter destruction).
                  I suppose mounting the same lower level read-only overlay should be safe at least. I can't think of many other use cases for simultaneous mounts.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X