Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System76 Lemur Pro Laptop Offers 14 Hour Battery Life, Coreboot Firmware For $1099+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System76 Lemur Pro Laptop Offers 14 Hour Battery Life, Coreboot Firmware For $1099+

Phoronix: System76 Lemur Pro Laptop Offers 14 Hour Battery Life, Coreboot Firmware For $1099+

After they were teasing the new Lemur Pro at the end of March, the Lemur Pro is now ready and formally announced by Linux PC vendor System76...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Shame it's not Ryzen 4000.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
      Shame it's not Ryzen 4000.
      Definitely. I will definitely buy one when the Ryzen 4000 version comes out. For laptops, we are only buying AMD APU's. Knock on wood!

Comment

I really really want one with the new mobile Ryzen APUs

Comment

yeah, at that price range would have loved ryzen but with Intel is really nothing interesting

Comment

Just three my monthly salaries. Yeah, a great offer.

Comment

So the EC has a free FW? Not bad. That's a rare thing, but somewhere in the chipset there ought to be some intel ME and stuff. But anyway, it's good to see these kind of offers and I also hope for some AMD Zen version of this. (Preferably without PSP nastiness.)
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

A bit expensive. They could have put at least a basic but decent GPU in there. No one should pay that much money to be tortured by an Intel GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  A bit expensive. They could have put at least a basic but decent GPU in there. No one should pay that much money to be tortured by an Intel GPU.
                  Then you wouldn't get the 14 hour battery life.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    So the EC has a free FW? Not bad. That's a rare thing, but somewhere in the chipset there ought to be some intel ME and stuff.
                    "Disabled ME" is also listed in the specs for the device. This blog post (from 2017) appears to be the best source of information about that: https://blog.system76.com/post/16805...e-updates-plan

Of course, I'm sure they're not able to avoid various bits of proprietary firmware of some sort or another, but what they're doing sounds pretty good, as far as what's currently feasible.

Comment

Working...
                    X