Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F18/FLANG Merged Into LLVM 11 Codebase As Modern Fortran Compiler

Phoronix: F18/FLANG Merged Into LLVM 11 Codebase As Modern Fortran Compiler

Following a number of setbacks over recent months, the modern Fortran "f18" compiler front-end to LLVM has been upstreamed under the FLANG branding...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unless I am misunderstanding the current situation, I believe only the flang compiler, but not the fortran runtime library code, has been committed.

Comment

Well, presumably the runtime library will follow shortly, otherwise the whole thing wouldn't be particularly useful.

Comment

Originally posted by howarth View Post
        Unless I am misunderstanding the current situation, I believe only the flang compiler, but not the fortran runtime library code, has been committed.
        i think it is there: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project.../flang/runtime

Comment

Originally posted by howarth View Post
          See: f18#1058

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            The code originally developed under the the f18 compiler

Comment

Originally posted by Setif View Post

See: f18#1058
              Thanks. That confirmed my suspicions that llvm was rewriting the runtime library from scratch rather than reusing the previous copy that the prior flang project used.

Comment

Working...
              X