Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADV+ACO Outperforming AMDVLK, AMDGPU-PRO Vulkan Drivers For X-Plane 11.50 Flight Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV+ACO Outperforming AMDVLK, AMDGPU-PRO Vulkan Drivers For X-Plane 11.50 Flight Simulator

Phoronix: RADV+ACO Outperforming AMDVLK, AMDGPU-PRO Vulkan Drivers For X-Plane 11.50 Flight Simulator

Released this month was the X-Plane 11.50 beta flight simulator that introduced a Vulkan renderer for this cross-platform, realistic flight simulator that long relied upon an OpenGL pipeline. Last week we published OpenGL vs. Vulkan X-Plane 11 benchmarks for both NVIDIA GeForce and AMD Radeon graphics. In this article is a look at the X-Plane 11.50 beta Vulkan performance across the different Radeon Vulkan driver options.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ACO is really good. I can't wait for it to be ported to radeonsi. It does have some issues here and there, but overall it is a great experience!

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      higher frame-rates than AMDVLK and AMDGPu-PRO.

Comment

great job Valve

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
          great job Valve
          Kind of sad when 3rd parties can write better drivers than the team with direct access to hardware people

Comment

I wonder if it says anything positive that the radeon drivers all have a small deviation in frame times, while the Nvidias seem to have high extremes in very long frame times.
            Coming from an audio corner, you'd rather want low jitter. I don't know if that's the same for video.

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post

Kind of sad when 3rd parties can write better drivers than the team with direct access to hardware people
              Valve have more people working, and don't forget they only make ACO, mesa and kernel are made by AMD devs and since this is a common goal with amd is not sad, sad is nvidia don't try to put a minimum support on open drivers (I use nvidia with laptop optimus) at least they should make some pm manager to make them usable and don't burn the gpu or hang the system before we can even install the system.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

Valve have more people working, and don't forget they only make ACO, mesa and kernel are made by AMD devs and since this is a common goal with amd is not sad, sad is nvidia don't try to put a minimum support on open drivers (I use nvidia with laptop optimus) at least they should make some pm manager to make them usable and don't burn the gpu or hang the system before we can even install the system.
                It's sad that Valve needs to do this because AMD doensn't seem to be capable or willing. What does nvidia have to do with this?

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
                  It's sad that Valve needs to do this because AMD doensn't seem to be capable or willing. What does nvidia have to do with this?
                  i don't think this is true this means valve and amd just speak to each others this is planed this way.
                  and why is this planed this way?... it is about a AMD hardware Valve steambox... and amd lag the man power to do it.
                  Last edited by qarium; 15 April 2020, 04:03 PM.
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

all this shitty driver and no prober GUI or openGL in windows and let's not talk about some vulkan/openGL extensions like fragment_shader_interlock

Comment

Working...
                    X