Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 32 vs. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Engaged In Some Healthy Competition Over Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 32 vs. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Engaged In Some Healthy Competition Over Performance

Phoronix: Fedora 32 vs. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Engaged In Some Healthy Competition Over Performance

After showing yesterday how the performance has changed from Fedora 31 to Fedora 32, you may be wondering about how Fedora 32 -- which is due to be released next week -- stacks up against the brand new Ubuntu 20.04 LTS release. Here are the results from dozens of benchmarks and with some areas seeing some clear performance differences.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I like the conclusion you do with the total wins of each in a chart. Makes it nice and clear.

Comment

depend of usage, For python and browser ubuntu is better, for c and graphics fedora is better

Comment

Surely using AMD rather than Nvidia would of been better?

Comment

If you have intel+nvidia hardware use ubuntu because ubuntu is only build for nvidia hardware
          if you have AMD hardware use Fedora because the focus with fedora is amd hardware.
          this test is with nvidia hardware so this means the result is BIAS in favor of nvidia hardware.
          not because nvidia hardware is better instead only because ubuntu is paid by nvidia...

we have 2 fractions fighting here on one side whe have the gnostic illuminati IBM/REDHAT/AMD/debian

and on the other side we have the bloodline illuminati: Intel,Nvidia,microsoft
          the free measons with 33° who are in the satanic/egoist club of the order of 9 https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Nine_Angles

for me the case is clear i buy IBM or AMD hardware and i install redhat/fedora/debian

and if you want to be on the evil side well buy your nvidia card and install windows and leave the linux forum alone.
          Last edited by tildearrow; 23 April 2020, 10:30 PM. Reason: I think having to mention races goes too far...
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Anyone knows the reason Ubuntu performs better for Python?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
              If you have intel+nvidia hardware use ubuntu because ubuntu is only build for nvidia hardware
              if you have AMD hardware use Fedora because the focus with fedora is amd hardware.
              this test is with nvidia hardware so this means the result is BIAS in favor of nvidia hardware.
              not because nvidia hardware is better instead only because ubuntu is paid by nvidia...

we have 2 fractions fighting here on one side whe have the gnostic illuminati IBM/REDHAT/AMD/debian

and on the other side we have the bloodline illuminati called the "cabal" chasarish jewish mafia: Intel,Nvidia,microsoft
              the free measons with 33° who are in the satanic/egoist club of the order of 9 https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Nine_Angles

for me the case is clear i buy IBM or AMD hardware and i install redhat/fedora/debian

and if you want to be on the evil side well buy your nvidia card and install windows and leave the linux forum alone.
              LOL.

Us Christians are on the Archlinux side.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
                LOL.
                Us Christians are on the Archlinux side.
                i just had no time to test archlinux... so sorry
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Always amusing to see Canonical beat up on RedHat using RedHat's own technology. Like watching Apple lose badly on their own hardware.

Comment

...It's always fun how people take benchmarks seriously. 🤭

Comment

Working...
                    X