No announcement yet.

X-Plane's Vulkan Renderer Maturing, More Performance Optimizations Still Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Plane's Vulkan Renderer Maturing, More Performance Optimizations Still Coming

Phoronix: X-Plane's Vulkan Renderer Maturing, More Performance Optimizations Still Coming

The folks at Laminar Research published a new blog post this week detailing their latest development work on their Vulkan (and Apple Metal) renderers for the realistic X-Plane flight simulator...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would like to start contributing to some cool opensource project such as that one, but stupid college projects make me depressed that I never find any time.

Comment

Originally posted by paupav View Post
      I would like to start contributing to some cool opensource project such as that one, but stupid college projects make me depressed that I never find any time.
      X-plane is not oss tho

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

X-plane is not oss tho
        Oh right, opensource one is FlightGear.

Comment

And when you're done with college, a job/life gets in the way...

Comment

Damn, just wait until you have a programming job. You'll never want to program in your free time again.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post

Damn, just wait until you have a programming job. You'll never want to program in your free time again.
              Not true. With all the crap I have to deal with at the job, I can't wait to work on some personal projects. Of course, lack of time ensures many exist only in my head still.

Comment

X-Plane is a great fight simulator, I've been a user for years and it is well worth the cost.

Comment

Working...
                X