Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source NVIDIA/Nouveau Changes Submitted For Linux 5.8

Phoronix: Open-Source NVIDIA/Nouveau Changes Submitted For Linux 5.8

There hasn't been too much to report on the open-source NVIDIA "Nouveau" kernel driver in some time since the enabling of Turing and no apparent progress on re-clocking to allow the graphics cards to hit their rated clock frequencies (the longstanding, number one limitation for this open-source driver), but some changes were sent in today for the upcoming Linux 5.8 kernel merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So their "announcement about Nouveau plans" is not going to happen anymore?
    Last edited by shmerl; 22 May 2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      So their "announcement about Nouveau plans" is not going to happened anymore?
      Couple months.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Where entry-level cards are concerned, most shops in my country only sell Nvidia. And I have no need for a mid-range AMD card when its sole purpose is to draw the desktop.

As long as the kernel + mesa is compatible with the full range of latest entry-level Nvidia cards, it's good enough for me. The stock clock speeds are more than sufficient for such tasks.

Comment

So, first it was "huge announcement" during GTC 2020, then that event got pushed back, and made an e-event, when did they push back the announcement from GTC?

Its like they acknowledged everything during the event, and then ended with: "oh, the Linux news? keep waiting"
          What ball busters!

Comment

Working...
          X