Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.8 Picking Up A Quirk For Being Able To Reboot The 2009 MacBook Without Hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.8 Picking Up A Quirk For Being Able To Reboot The 2009 MacBook Without Hangs

Phoronix: Linux 5.8 Picking Up A Quirk For Being Able To Reboot The 2009 MacBook Without Hangs

With the upcoming Linux 5.8 cycle a quirk is being added to be able to reboot the 2009 era Apple MacBook without needing to boot with any special flags...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

one one hand they fix kernel for older hardware and on the other they just drop support for it. nice

Comment

I wonder if this is related to why my 2009 MacBook Pro 13" no longer wakes from suspend.

And yes, I still use that laptop almost daily.

Comment

Been working to get a stable setup on my 2009 imac with Core Duo. Biggest problem is Nvidia graphics which aren't supported any longer. I wonder if any other changes for that generation of Mac are making it in.

Comment

Working...
        X