Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Ending Out May With UI Tweaks, Bug Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Ending Out May With UI Tweaks, Bug Fixes

KDE Plasma 5.19 is due for release very soon (9 June) but that hasn't kept KDE developers from already working on Plasma 5.20 and other components for this open-source desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At least there isn't stagnation, despite of some controversies. Iso mounting in Dolphin is a welcome feature, I hope it works with SMB shares.
    I also hope they will tackle the incorrect visual drag & drop feedback when dragging objects "too fast" one day, imho it contributes a lot to an unpolished impression.
    Last edited by aufkrawall; 30 May 2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

KDE is getting more and more real life productivity features lately... That's very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
        KDE is getting more and more real life productivity features lately... That's very nice!
        You have no idea how difficult it is for me to go use anything else. My terminal app has no borders. I have tons of custom key-bindings. I have never used anything that allows this degree of control. From panels to whatnot. Tons and tons of tunables in built-in apps like dolphin. All without compromising on performance or hardware resources. Plasma 5 is a remarkable achievement.

Comment

Norbert Preining is the main developer of TeX Live and most TeX related packages in Debian. He's been hosting an experimental set of repositories on the side for adding KDE 5.18 and later to Debian-based installs (for users running testing and sid). Currently it's at 5.18.5, and he's anticipating putting 5.19 up when it is released. You can find his latest posts and install instructions by searching for "Norbert Preining blog", and using his blog's search box to search for "plasma" articles. I have 5.18.5 running on an MX Linux install now, running well so far.

Comment

Since Plasma 5.19 Beta many OpenGL and Vulkan applications/games will not show any content anymore on screen on Wayland until resizing the window :-(

Comment

Originally posted by sarfarazahmad View Post

You have no idea how difficult it is for me to go use anything else. My terminal app has no borders. I have tons of custom key-bindings. I have never used anything that allows this degree of control. From panels to whatnot. Tons and tons of tunables in built-in apps like dolphin. All without compromising on performance or hardware resources. Plasma 5 is a remarkable achievement.
              My Linux HDD went out so I've been forced to use Windows for more than just my games and I don't know how people can tolerate it outside of just not knowing any better.

All I know is that after 5/6 years of being a Plasma user....the Windows DE sucks and I can't tell you how many times I've hit F12 and Yakuake didn't drop down . I'm sure I could figure out how to get a drop down working on 10, but I just don't want to. I don't want to bother doing any more than necessary since I plan on replacing my entire PC in the next month or three and going back to something KDE based, likely Manjaro. Maybe KDE Neon if their installer includes Ubuntu's ZFS setup. Ubuntu's ZFS setup is pretty sweet.

Comment

Literally nothing besides yourself is stopping you from tuning Windows same way ..

My Windows 10 desktop looks like a mix of win 2000, 7 and XP.

Comment

Working...
                X