Proton 5.0-8 Release Candidate Brings Game Fixes, Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 5.0-8 Release Candidate Brings Game Fixes, Performance Improvements

Phoronix: Proton 5.0-8 Release Candidate Brings Game Fixes, Performance Improvements

Valve and CodeWeavers have been preparing a new release of the Proton 5.0 series for powering Steam Play with running modern Windows games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any game free in Proton to try?

Comment

Originally posted by pranav View Post
      In Steam's preferences you can enable Proton for every games even if not officially supported.

Comment

You can download and use proton without steam.

Comment

Doesn't dxvk 1.7 need mesa 20.2 in order to function properly (which most distributions won't get until their next release)? That's what I understood from the release notes and that's why I've kept my wine prefixes at dxvk 1.6.1.

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosApostolou View Post
            Doesn't dxvk 1.7 need mesa 20.2 in order to function properly (which most distributions won't get until their next release)? That's what I understood from the release notes and that's why I've kept my wine prefixes at dxvk 1.6.1.
            It will work it just won't have the new feature(s).

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosApostolou View Post
              No. Those requirements are listed under New Vulkan extensions On supported drivers, the following extensions are now used.

DXVK should still work with older drivers and wine versions.

Comment

Aaa ok I see thx guys. I misunderstood this completely. Time to update my wine prefixes to dxvk 1.7 then 😛

Comment

dota 2 for example you can install the windows version

Comment

pranav or you can search demo or multi player categories. a lot of multi players games are free

Comment

Working...
                    X