Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 77 / 78 Beta vs. Chrome 83 Linux Browser Benchmarks

Phoronix: Firefox 77 / 78 Beta vs. Chrome 83 Linux Browser Benchmarks

Given the recent releases of Chrome 83 and Firefox 77 while Firefox 78 was promoted to beta, here are some current web browser benchmarks from the Linux desktop for these different browser releases.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

People still use Chrome? Why not just email your browsing history straight to your local courthouse for public display each week?

Comment

Page 3:

Firefox did come out ahead of Firefox for the CanvasMark test.

Should be ahead of Chrome instead.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        People still use Chrome? Why not just email your browsing history straight to your local courthouse for public display each week?
        The same can be said about Windows.

Comment

Nice try, but currently Firefox 78 sits at beta 4.

Comment

firefox performance in linux continues to be really bad in some things, a open source product who only cares about closed source OS

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
              No, I use Chromium, tyvm. And if you have to ask what's the difference, you shouldn't be commenting on the topic in the first place.

Comment

I also use Chromium, I also use Firefox, but I don't deny that I feel much better with Chromium.
                Then this data story makes me puke, there is no need to write it every time. Everyone will use what they prefer. I would never want to fall from the frying pan to the fire like Brave users.

Comment

I use Firefox Nightly, even on Android, sometimes you get some crashes (more often in Android) but usually is pretty stable

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
                    firefox performance in linux continues to be really bad in some things, a open source product who only cares about closed source OS
                    Mozilla has not the infinite amount of money Google has, they must have priorities and pushing to make benchmarks look better is clearly not one of them. Finetuning is an incredibly costly job that requires time (and thus money) and often provides small benefits.

At the moment it is the one and only competitor in the browser market against Google, since all the others joined the webkit bandwagon. Sincerely I still prefer Firefox because I feel a lot more comfortable about their policies than Google ones. And remember policies don't have benchmark numbers to be compared.

Also, Firefox performances in Linux are really so bad just because you saw a bunch of senseless bars? Do you really feel that Firefox is unusable on Linux systems?

Comment

Working...
                    X