Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "CrossTalk" / SRBDS Is The Newest Side-Channel Vulnerability

Phoronix: "CrossTalk" / SRBDS Is The Newest Side-Channel Vulnerability

Details are still coming in but INTEL-SA-00320, a.k.a. "CrossTalk", is the newest Intel side-channel CPU vulnerability...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

here we go again... this means a benchmark marathon to assess the performance impact. It is already difficult to distinguish all mitigations.
    Last edited by CochainComplex; 09 June 2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Makes me wonder if someone is hell bent on tanking Intel's stock so they can buy it up cheaply and make some dough when it inevitably goes up.

Comment

Looks like all the pages pertaining to this vulnerability have been pulled. Let's wait for more info as I don't see this vulnerability even in the news.

It's usually The Register which breaks cover with such stories and they have absolutely nothing.

Comment

Good lord, does it ever stop? I mean seriously, how many mitigations are there for Intel now? And I know AMD has less but it also has a significant number of them.

And when on Earth are we going to get processors that don't have to be crippled to be secure?

Comment

Michael the link ("today's report") points to a 404

Comment

Originally posted by muncrief View Post
              And when on Earth are we going to get processors that don't have to be crippled to be secure?
              While having the same level of performance? Probably never?

Comment

I wonder when Intel will realize that they simply ought to go back to the drawing board with a BLANK piece of paper ... what AMD did with Zen.

In other words, Intel ought to re-imagine the internals of processors rather than constantly putting lipstick on what is turning out to be a very ugly pig.

Comment

I think Intel should be legally obligated to put a "performance might be impacted by vulnerability mitigations up to 90% from advertised values" on all their CPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post
                    Michael the link ("today's report") points to a 404
                    Intel took down the blog post after I posted the article... Presumably they accidentally posted it early. I assume at the top of the hour or so it will go live again.....

One of the CrossTalk researchers has also now reached out to Phoronix more details soon.

Also have benchmarks going.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X